Sunday, June 1, 2008

Photo catch-up: Birthday #3 for J&B

As promised, I finally have time to upload some pictures of our recent adventures.

First up are some pictures of Jared and Brandt's third birthday celebration. They both requested cupcakes with chocolate icing, so it made life easier for me! Grandpa Ed made Baba's long-lost, yummy Napolean recipe. Yum!

Ok, so the pictures aren't great, but you get the idea!


Brandt was really excited about Grandpa's Napolean!







Everyone was sad to say good-bye at the end of the party.



2 comments:

3BoyMommy said...

Absolutely adorable! What is a Napoleon? It looks and sounds yummy - care to share the recipe?

Mommy to three crazies said...

It's a Ukranian cake made of layers of thin wafers and a vanilla custard. If I had a recipe, I'd share it. My dad's mom used to make it and no one had the recipe for the 13 years since she passed away. Turns out my one aunt had the custard recipe and the other had the wafer recipe and my dad got ahold of both! He's supposed to teach me this summer and I'll try to share. It's really labor intensive! If it's anything like her other "recipes", you learn by watching and feel.